Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Model Photography

This Halloween weekend, I went to a fashion show that takes place downtown every year. It was a lot of fun and I took a lot of pictures. I was standing behind 3 or 4 rows of people, but was somewhat close to the runway, so I was pretty excited when I got photos like this:

I've been noticing an increased intrest in photography with me. Photography of models/people to be specific. This is probably attributed to my love of sewing and fashion (I love a lot of things, don't I?). I think this started back in June when my friend and I went to a convention and we decided to take pictures of each other's costumes since we never really get good pictures of our costumes. As I was taking pictures of my friend, I realized I was starting to give directions to her when she seemed stumped how to pose and moving her around to different locations.

I know there are people hired by conventions (photogs) to take pictures of cosplayers so they have a picture of their cosplay, and there are also photographers payed by cosplayers to take pictures of them. My favorite convention photographer would have to be Elemental. Her photos have a very distinct style to them and are just cool. I'll actually get to meet Elemental at Ohayocon in January, as she is slated to take pictures of a Final Fantasy IX cosplay group I am a part of. She's also friends with some other of my cosplay friends so hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to her a bit!

Anyway, for right now, I'll be content taking pictures of friends in cosplay. I'd like an SLR camera in the future, but we'll see where this goes.

Have more photos from the show! (I know the composition isn't the best in these, but remember, I was about 15 ft away from the runway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment