Friday, May 22, 2009

Turtle Series - Pokemon Comic

Hello! This is my first post after finishing my first year! Hurrah! I have quite a few things to upload, but I need to scan them first, haha. This was already on my computer so I decided to share. :) For our final project in 2-D we had to create a 4-piece series based on an animal. I chose a red-eared slider (turtle) because I had a couple as pets and turtles are my favorite animal. :D One of the steps was a conceptual step, so I decided to use turtle Pokemon! I was going to have a single colored picture of myself as a pokemon trainer with turtle pokemon, but my teacher didn't know what pokemon was (WHAT) so I decided to make a comic to explain what it was. The comic ended up not reallly being about turtles so I turned in a 5th turtle piece, which I will upload later.

Anywho, about this comic. It's about me as a pokemon trainer getting my first pokemon, haha. I actually had to do some research on Pokemon to help me with this comic! It turns out that you actually become a pokemon trainer on your 10th birthday, but I decided to keep my short red hair instead of drawing myself as a ten year old because I had long brown hair when I was 10 and that's not as exciting as red hair. I also tried to draw in the anime style which pokemon is drawn in, which was a lot of fun. :D

Okay, I've talked too much, here is the comic!
I don't know why the 3rd page is like that. D: Sorry, just click it to enlarge it!
That's it! I know the pacing is pretty bad, but eh. I'm not very good at comics! Even though it doesn't look it, this TOOK ME FOREVER. Also while drawing professor Oak, I realized he looked like Phoenix Wright in my drawings. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment