Thursday, April 23, 2009

Three of Four

In Drawing class, we were asked to pick our four best drawings from the entire year. I've picked three of them, but I'm not sure of the last one. There's one I'm thinking of, but I still have a couple of weeks to draw something that will be the fourth piece. We'll see what happens. :) For now, here are the top three that I picked.

Oh, hey, this looks familiar! I posted a work-in-progress of this piece last week. Here is the final! I'm really happy with how it came out. :) I should use charcoal more often, I get better results...

This is the second piece! This was seriously one of the hardest things I've ever drawn. Each finger is at such a delicate angle.. augh! I worked really hard on this, and I hope it shows! This is black and white conte crayon.
Last is a still-life of a plane. I had no idea what this thing even was when I first saw it. It's a tool used for shaving wood (Wikipedia link)! Anyway, I typically hate still lives, but this tool had so many curves and angles, it wasn't that bad to draw. Graphite.The fourth one will be decided soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment